Terms and Conditions
(Section 1) On-Line Set Sized Rugs Purchase Terms and Condition
At Floorspace, we wish to make your online shopping experience as easy and flexible as possible. We also understand that when buying online from a picture it does not matter how good the photography is, nothing compares to seeing a product in real life.
For this reason, if you are not happy with the mat or rug you have purchased online, Floorspace will gladly refund your payment in full (minus shipping cost) or exchange the item/items or issue a store credit that can be used for any items we sell.
When returning items purchased on-line, it is essential that all the items purchased are returned undamaged and in original condition. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the item/s are wrapped for freighting in a manner that ensures damage does not occur. Damage that does occur during freighting of returned goods is the responsibility of the client not Floorspace. We highly recommend customers ensure items being returned with the freight company being used, as items lost or damaged in transit are not the responsibility of Floorspace and will not be replaced, given store credit, or refunded.
If the product received is faulty or incorrect then a refund is an option. Please note that all Floorspace natural fiber products are hand-loomed meaning that it is perfectly normal for some imperfections to be present in the weave and dying. These are in no way classified as faults and do not qualify for a refund.
Although all items are rolled out and inspected prior to shipping, if you do receive goods containing defects, please ensure you call our head office (61 3 9882 2477) to report the issue within 48hrs and ensure the item/s are returned within 7 days of the purchase date. Items received outside of the 7-day return window will not be eligible for a replacement with freighting of the item/s being the customer's cost. This return time frame applies to rugs being returned and refunded as well as exchanges and store credits.
Items that are returned will be replaced with the same item only. If the returned item cannot be replaced like for like due stock or discontinued items then a full refund will be offered.
Any items that are purchased as part of a discounted sale cannot be returned due to their heavily discounted price.
(Section 2) Floorspace On-Line Rug Builder
Floorspace has used the best available photography to capture the visual qualities of our natural fibre floor coverings and borders. Even though the highest quality images have been used, variations between computer monitors and their color set up will mean that colors may vary slightly. If you have any doubts prior to making your purchase regarding the actual color of the material selected or the border, we will gladly post you a sample at no charge. Simply call us on +61 3 98822477 or email email@example.com and request the samples you would like to see and we will have these posted the same day.
IMPORTANT NOTE:- Proceeding with a rug purchase using this online facility without requesting material samples is done so with the understanding that there may be color variations between the image viewed on a computer monitor and the finished rug. As such, no refunds will be given due to color variations between photography and finished rugs.
Purchases & Payments
As all rugs using this facility are custom-made, full payment is required upon purchasing.
Credit Card Security
Floorspace Australia uses GoPay for the processing of all credit card payments. GoPay is fully responsible for the capturing and use of all credit card payments. GoPay offers the highest quality credit card security through the use of their 128/256 bit SSL Encryption system. If for any reason you have a question regarding the security of your private information please contact us at any time by phone or email.
Your Privacy Is Number One
The privacy of your personal information is our first priority. AT NO STAGE does Floorspace Australia keep records of any credit card or banking information.
In addition, any personal information given in the payment window is only used for the intended transaction. AT NO STAGE is any of your information either sold or forwarded on to any other organization. All information (with the exception of banking details) stays within Floorspace Australia at all times. If for any reason you have a question regarding the security of your private information please contact us at any time by phone or email.
Not In Stock?
All of our materials are kept in stock. In the unlikely event that an item is out of stock due to high demand for that item, you will be contacted by phone or email. You will be given one of the following 3 options.
1. Proceed with the order when new stock arrives.
2. Change the material.
3. Full Refund.
Cancellations and Returns
All rugs using this facility are custom made. As such, we allow 12 hours from placing your order to cancel it in full with no penalty applied. Cancellations can be made by phone or email.
Floorspace Natural Fibers and applications
All products sold by Floorspace are woven from natural fibres, as a result, they contain irregularities in the weave and color within the same roll and batch number. These irregularities are a characteristic and feature of all-natural floor coverings and are in no way considered as a flaw in the material color or construction. As all products are natural, there may be differences between samples and rolls of material. This is the nature of the product but in no way affects the wearability of the material and is not grounds for claim or refund of any kind. Small fibres or any shedding is to be expected in all Floorspace products and is not grounds for a claim of covered under warranty. Over time and UV exposure, material colors will change and even out.
Sisal is 100% natural fibre... as such changes in humidity and temperature can cause sisal to shrink and expand depending. This is a naturally occurring event that is part of the nature of the product and is not an imperfection of any kind be it a rug, broadloom, or sisal tile.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that any natural flooring product including sisal is suitable for its intended use.
If being used in a commercial application, it is the purchaser's responsibility to research and self educate on the nuances of sisal and natural fibre flooring and then make the decision if a sisal or any natural fibre product will be purchased for the intended application.
Any advice given by Floorspace staff is a guide only. The final applicability of any Floorspace products is at the sole discretion of the purchaser.
Sunlight and UV
All of our floorcoverings use the highest quality color dyes. However, the color of our product will change over time. Our products are not Ultra Violet (UV) stable and exposure to UV light will result in the material changing color to some degree.
Floorspace bindings are of the highest quality. However, like all floor coverings bindings, these are a dyed material and will change color with time. Our bindings are not UV stable and will change color over time depending upon the degree of exposure to sunlight and UV.
Spills and Cleaning
Floorspace gives no guarantee against spills or stains of any kind be it in commercial applications or residential. Further, prior to the use of the Envirodry Cleaning kits available for purchase at Floorspace, all clients must read and fully understand the instruction sheet supplied with each cleaning kit. All cleaning kits can remove portions of dyes from floor coverings, ensure you test any cleaning products on a sample piece of floor covering before use. This includes the use of Envirodry Cleaning Kits on Floorspace natural fiber products.
Natural fibres are very absorbent so permanent discoloration from spots, spills and liquids may occur. note that the color of these fibers may be affected by any type of cleaning.
All Floorspace floorcoverings are dry clean only. Under no circumstances should you steam clean any Floorspace products. If you are unsure then please feel free to contact our office for cleaning advice on +61 3 98822477.
Floorspace places a 12-month guarantee on all materials. This guarantee applies to the manufacturing quality of the supplied material. It does not cover in any way everyday wear and tear, spills and stains, damage caused by careless action, shrinkage due to liquids of any kind or curling of tiles. it does not cover fibres on the surface or sides of the sisal tiles freying. None of the borders offered by Floorspace is covered by a warranty or guarantee of any kind. See also above ‘Floorspace Natural Fibres section re material imperfections. Any marks caused by roller wheels of any kind are not covered under warranty for sisal floorcovering off the roll or sisal tiles. Sisal is a natural fibre product and as such is not the same as synthetic or wool carpet or carpet tile. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that they are aware of what Natural Sisal flooring and Tiles are made from and how they behave and react in the intended application be it residential or commercial.
Floorspace does not cover any damage or infestation caused by carpet moth as this is not controllable by Floorspace.
Floorspace offers a limited 12 months manufacturer's guarantee on sisal tiles. This guarantee applies to the manufacturing quality of the supplied tiles. this does not cover in any wear and tear, spills and stains, damage caused by careless action, shrinkage due to liquids of any kind, or curling of tiles. It does not cover fibres on the surface or sides of the sisal tiles freying or coming loose. Any marks caused by roller wheels of any kind are not coverd under warranty. Sisal tiles are a natural fiber product and as such are not the same as synthetic sisal tiles. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that they are aware of Natural Sisal Tiles are made from and how they behave and react in the intended application be it residential or commercial.
Material Inspection Upon Delivery
As all our products are natural, when they are first rolled out they may have a bubbling or wrinkling appearance. This is will disappear as the material acclimatizes and relaxes to its environment. Please feel free to contact us if you are concerned.
All custom-made mats and hall runners are made by hand in our factory. For this reason, we allow a 15mm variance to the overall dimensions of the mat being made and finished with the agreed binding.
Damage Upon Delivery
Please note that if there are any quality issues with your delivery, these must be addressed within 24 hours of the delivery date. Damage caused to rugs during the delivery process is extremely rare. If in the event your goods do arrive damaged, please sign for the goods as DAMAGED. If the purchase is unable to be inspected upon delivery the goods must be signed for UNCHECKED.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Any damaged goods must be returned in the original wrapping or wrapping that is the equivalent high-quality wrapping that has been used. If goods are damaged during transit, you are certainly entitled to an exchange or full refund. HOWEVER, if the goods are not signed as DAMAGED or UNCHECKED as stated in full above NO refund will be given.
Upon following the above instruction, Floorspace Australia will coordinate the collection of the goods at a time that suits you. Please note that any purchases outside of Australia are non-refundable under any circumstances.
It is our aim to offer the very best in customer service. If you have a complaint of any kind, please either call us on +61 3 98822477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible to address and resolve your issue as fast as possible.
(Section 3) General Floorspace Terms and Conditions
(1) All products sold by Floorspace are woven from Natural Fibres, as a result, they contain irregularities in the weave and color. These irregularities are a characteristic and feature of all-natural floor coverings and are in no way considered as a flaw in the material colour or construction. As all products are natural there may be differences between samples and rolls of material. This is the nature of the product but in no way affects the wearability of the material.
(2) All of our products use the highest quality natural color dyes. However, the color of our product will change over time. Our products are not UV stable and exposure to UV light will result in the material changing color.
Additionally, Floorspace gives no guarantee against spills or stains of any kind be it in commercial applications or residential. Further, prior to the use of the Envirodry Cleaning kits supplied by Floorspace, all clients must read and fully understand the instruction sheet supplied with each cleaning kit please note the below.
Natural fibres are very absorbent so permanent discoloration from spots, spills and liquids may occur. note that the color of these fibers may be affected by any type of cleaning.
(3) When installing our material, the joining of the material is at the discretion of Floorspace unless expressly advised by the client. After accepting a Floorspace quotation, any changes made by the client will void the current quotation and result in a new revised quotation being issued.
(4) Floorspace places a 12-month guarantee on all material and installation. This guarantee applies to the manufacturing quality of the supplied material and the installation of the material. It does not cover everyday wear and tear, damage caused by roller chairs of any kind over any time span, spills and stains or damage caused by careless action. Floorspace can not be held responsible for any damage that may occur to any floor/s over any time span due to reactions between our latex-backed and non-backed products and floor the product is being rolled out over. Please refer to section 18 below before purchasing or rolling our products out over any floor surface.
(5) All Floorspace floor coverings are to be cleaned only. Under no circumstances should you steam clean Floorspace products. If you are unsure then please feel free to contact our office for cleaning advice.
(6) Floorspace does not move furniture. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that any and all installation areas are clean and clear of all furniture. Any furniture or breakable items are the sole responsibility of the client to remove from harm’s way. If as part of an installation or delivery the client requests and Floorspace agrees to move any household items, no liability will be accepted for damage caused accidentally by Floorspace or any installer/delivery person/s being contracted by Floorspace.
(7) It is the responsibility of the client to ensure all building and hazardous materials are removed from the work area. Waiting or cleaning up of the area will be charged at $120 per hour. If upon arrival the area is not ready for installation for any reason as agreed on, the client will be responsible to pay the full installation cost. If an alternative installation date is arranged, the client will be charged an additional minimum of $250 over and above the full installation cost. Any additional delays will be charged at a cost to be determined by Floorspace. This cost will be a minimum of $250.
(7.1) All sub-floor preparation is the responsibility of the client. Floorspace does not conduct any sub-floor preparations or repairs. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure the subfloor is in a condition suitable for the installation of Floorspace products. Floorspace is not responsible for any imperfections or repairs required to the sub-floor we are installing on. All sub-floor works are required to be completed in full prior to Floorspace beginning any installation.
(7.2) It is the responsibility of the client to inform Floorspace and the installer when he arrives on site of any pipes, subfloor heating elements or electrical cables that are located under the floor we are contracted to install on. If Floorspace or the installer are not informed of the above and any damage is caused to any pipes, subfloor heating elements or electrical cables, etc during the installation process then Floorspace cannot be held responsible for any cost of repairs of any kind. If the installer's tools are damaged in any way or the installer sustains any physical damage or injury of any kind, it is the client's responsibility for any tool replacement costs or medical bills incurred.
(8) Cancellation or postponement of a job must be received a minimum of 48 hours prior to the commencement date. Failure to do so will result in a $250 charge to the client for half-day and $500 for a full day. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that any builders or workmen at the installation address have cleared all materials and rubbish from the work area including access areas. If we are turned away or are unable to commence work on the agreed date and time due to circumstances beyond our control, the above charge will be fully payable by the client. Deposit payments made on any Floorspace Tax Invoice by the client, confirm full understanding and agreement by the client to all terms and conditions.
(9) The shaving or any other work required to ensure the correct door height is the sole responsibility of the client.
(10) While exercising the greatest care possible installing your floorcovering, neither Floorspace nor any installer contracted by Floorspace accepts any responsibility for accidental damage to paintwork, sub-floor wiring, or cables (telephone, internet connection, and cables, computer, alarm co-axial, etc) and any pipes.
(10.1) Any fire alarms or smoke detectors are required to be deactivated for the duration of any installation. This is the sole responsibility of the client. Any costs resulting from smoke alarms or fire detectors activating will be payable by the client in full. This includes and is not limited to the fire brigade or any other emergency service being called to the site.
(11) The preparation of the subfloor is the responsibility of the client. We approach each job assuming that the floor will be in a workable condition.
(12) It is the client’s responsibility to ensure a safe, well-lit work area with accessible power.
(13) Our bindings are of the highest quality but like all floorcoverings will change color with time. Our bindings are not UV stable and will change color over time depending upon the degree of exposure.
(14) As all our products are natural, when they are first rolled out they may have a bubbling or wrinkling appearance. This is will disappear as the material acclimatizes and relaxes to its environment. Please feel free to contact us if you are concerned.
(15) All mats and hall runners are made by hand in our factory (a small quantity made overseas). For this reason, we allow a 15mm variance to the overall dimensions of the mat being made and finished with the agreed binding.
(16) Wall-To-Wall Installation Payment Conditions:
To ensure your material is reserved full material payment is required. The installation amount is payable to Floorspace on the day of completion. Floorspace reserves the right to hold client credit card details on its database. If unpaid within 48 hours of the installation completion date, Floorspace reserves the right to charge the outstanding balance amount to the credit card supplied by the client for the initial deposit.
Failure to pay outstanding wall-to-wall installation invoices within 4 weeks of the completion date will result in the addition of a $250 admin fee.
Failure to pay outstanding wall-to-wall installation invoices within 1 week of the $250 admin fee being applied will result in the invoice being forwarded to a collection agency with the $250 added. The Client will be responsible for any additional fees added by the collection agency.
If a client wishes to use an alternate installer after engaging Floorspace to install any of its products, Floorspace must be paid the installation amount less any materials not being purchased by the alternate installer/s for the installation.
(17) Floorspace Rug Payment Conditions:
A 50% deposit is required upon placing any rug order. The balance payment for any rug order is payable to Floorspace prior to pick up, upon pick up, or prior to freighting or delivery of any order.
A no refund or exchange policy applies to all custom-made mats and rugs. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that the correct size and material direction are supplied upon placing any order. A 1cm variation between the supplied measurement and the completed rug is considered an acceptable tolerance and is not grounds for a refund or the rug or mat to be remade.
Once purchased, any Floorspace pre-made stock mats cannot be returned for a refund for any reason. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the rug is in an acceptable condition prior to leaving the showroom. If agreed to by Floorspace, any premade stock mats or rugs may be exchanged for either another pre-made mat or rug or a custom-made mat or rug. The decision to exchange any purchase from Floorspace is at the sole discretion of Floorspace management & staff.
(18) Rug Backing
As there is an endless number of floor finishes that Floorspace rugs can be placed on, it is impossible for us to have all of these tested for our natural latex backing and non-backed rugs, runners, and mats. Before rolling out or installing a rug, we highly advise you to contact the manufacturer of the floor finish the mat is being rolled out on regarding any reactions that may occur by putting natural products over the floor finish. Floorspace can not be held responsible for any damage that may occur to any floor/s over any time span.
Until full payment has been received all material, mats & rugs remain the property of Floorspace.
Floorspace Products on Ceilings and Vertical surfaces
If a client requests that any Floorspace products are to be installed vertically or on a ceiling then no product or installation warranty applies in any situation. Floorspace is willing to install in these situations however the products are now being used for a purpose other than its intended. As a result, no warranty is applied as stated above.
Customer Rug/material Resizing
Floorspace is not a storage facility for client rugs and or material. Any rug/material that is collected by Floorspace or dropped off to Floorspace will be kept for a maximum of 3 months. After this time, Floorspace reserves the right to discard and dispose of the rug/material at the client's cost of (minimum $100). It is the sole responsibility of the client to inform Floorspace of what they want to happen with the rug/material within the 3-month window. Floorspace is not responsible to follow up on what the client would like done with the collected or dropped off rug/material. Failure to contact Floorspace within the 3-month window will result in the rug/material being discarded and disposed of at the client's minimum expense of $100.