|Home | Login | My Account | View Cart | Checkout|
Shopping Cart Items:
Terms & Conditions
Floorspace Terms and Conditions
(1) All products sold by Floorspace are woven from Natural Fibres, as a result they contain irregularities in the weave and color. These irregularities are a characteristic and feature of all natural floor coverings and are in no way considered as a flaw in the material color or construction. As all products are natural there may be differences between samples and rolls of material. This is the natural of the product but in no way affects the wear ability of the material.
(2) All of our products use the highest quality natural color dyes. However, the color of our product will change over time. Our products are not UV stable and exposure to UV light will result in the material changing color.
Additionally, Floorspace gives no guarantee against spills or stains of any kind be it in commercial applications or residential. Further, prior to the use of the Host cleaning kits supplied by Floorspace, all clients must read and fully understand the instruction sheet supplied with each cleaning kit.
As stated in the printed material supplied with each Host Kit:-
"Natural fibers are very absorbent so permanent discoloration from spots, spills and liquids may occur. note that the color of these fibers may be affected by any type of cleaning".
(3) When installing our material, the joining of the material is at the discretion of Floorspace unless expressly advised by the client. After accepting a Floorspace quotation, any changes made by the client will void the current quotation and result in a new revised quotation being issued.
(4) Floorspace places a 12 month guarantee on all material and installation. This guarantee applies to the manufacturing quality of the supplied material and the installation of material. It does not cover everyday wear and tear, spills and stains or damage caused by careless action.
(5) All Floorspace floor coverings are to be cleaned using the dry cleaning method. Under no circumstances should you steam clean all natural products. If you are unsure then please feel free to contact our office for cleaning advice.
(6) If as part of a job the client requires the moving of furniture, no liability will be accepted for damage caused accidentally by Floorspace or Calais Carpets or any installer being contracted by Floorspace. Any furniture or breakable items are the sole responsibility of the client to remove from harmís way.
(7) It is the responsibility of the client to ensure all building and hazardous materials are removed from the work area. Waiting or cleaning up of the area will be charged at $80 per hour. If upon arrival the area is not ready for installation as agreed on, the client will be responsible to pay the full installation cost. If an alternative installation date can be arranged, the client will be charged $130.
(8) Cancellation or postponement of a job must be received a minimum of 48 hours prior to the commencement date. Failure to do so will result in a $150 charge to the client. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that any builders or workmen at the installation address have cleared all materials from the work area. If we are turned away or are unable to commence work on the agreed date and time due to circumstances beyond our control, the above charge will be payable by the client.
(9) The shaving or any other work required to ensure the correct door height is the sole responsibility of the client.
(10) While exercising the greatest care possible installing your floor covering, neither Floorspace, Calais Carpets or any installer contracted by Floorspace accepts any responsibility for accidental damage to paint work, sub-floor wiring or cables (telephone, computer, alarm co-axial etc) and any pipes.
(11) The preparation of the sub floor is the responsible of the client. We approach each job assuming that the floor will be in a workable condition.
(12) It is the clientís responsibility to ensure a safe, well lit work area with accessible power.
(13) Our bindings are of the highest quality but like all floor coverings will change color with time. Our bindings are not UV stable and will change color over time depending upon the degree of exposure.
(14) As all our products are natural, when they are first rolled out they may have a bubbling or wrinkling appearance. This is will disappear as the material acclimatizes and relaxes to its environment. Please feel free to contact us if you are concerned.
(15) All mats and hall runners are made by hand in our factory (a small quantity made overseas). For this reason we allow a 15mm variance to the overall dimensions of the mat being made and finished with the agreed binding.
(16) Wall-To-Wall Installation Payment Conditions:-
To ensure your material is reserved the full material payment is required. The installation amount is payable to the installer or Floorspace on the day of completion. Floorspace reserves the right to hold client credit card details on its database. If unpaid within 48 hours of the installation completion date, Floorspace reserves the right charge the outstanding balance amount to the credit card supplied by the client for the initial deposit.
(17) Floorspace Rug Payment Conditions:-
A 50% deposit is required upon placing any rug order. The balance payment for any rug order is payable to Floorspace Prior to pick up, upon pick up or prior to freighting or delivery of any order.
A no refund or exchange policy applies to all custom made mats and rugs. It is the clients responsibility to ensure that the correct size and material direction are supplied upon placing any order. A 1cm variation between the supplied measurement and the completed rug is considered an acceptable tolerance and is not grounds for refund or the rug or mat to be remade.
Once purchased, any Floorspace premade stock mats cannot be returned for refund for any reason. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the rug is in an acceptable condition prior to leaving the showroom. If agreed to by Floorspace, any premade stock mats or rugs may be exchanged for either another premade mat or rug or a custom made mat or rug. The decision to exchange any purchase from Floorspace is at the sole discretion of Floorspace management & staff.
Until full payment has been received all material, mats & rugs remain the property of Floorspace.
Powered By VP-ASP Shopping Cart